Overview of the Samsung NX10 Camera
When you are considering digital cameras, you easily focus on the long list of specifications and you may not remember that the most important aspect for any good digital cameras is the image quality.
The image quality is the aspect that I have paid a lot of attention when I have reviewed the Samsung NX10 camera because the camera excels in terms of the image quality aspect. The images are of great quality, which are very bright and sharp. In addition, the response times are fast. All of the above aspects make it a very nice option for your consideration while you are finding a camera which belongs to the category between advanced interchangeable lens cameras and point and shoot cameras in the camera market.
If you don’t see the image quality, perhaps the starting price with this camera is a little bit high. Its manufacturer’s suggested retail price is about $700 when you only buy the camera body.
Brief Review of the Samsung NX10 Camera
- The image quality is very good
- The AMOLED screen is very sharp and bright
- It is very fast to initialize the camera and the autofocus is fast, too.
- Battery life is very great
- The camera is a great combination between manual and automatic control settings
- Occasional problems happens with noise in photos
- Menu structure is a little difficult to use
- Features are more proper for beginners than for those having more experiences
- The resolution is 14.6 megapixels
- Optical zoom: N/A. The camera uses lenses which can be interchangeable
- The 3.0-inch LCD has the resolution of 614,000 pixels (the AMOLED screen which uses active-matrix organic LED technology)
- The image size is 4592 x 3056 pixels at maximum
- The camera uses a Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- The dimensions are 3.4 x 4.8 x 1.6 inches
- The camera weighs 17.6 ounces (with the inclusion of the 30mm lens, battery, and memory card compartment)
- The image sensor use the CMOS technology (23.4 x 15.6 mm)
- A HD movie mode is supported (1280 x 720)
Detailed Review of the Samsung NX10 Camera
If you have been accustomed to shooting photos with a point and shoot camera, you will find it a very nice change with the image quality of the NX10. For outdoor shooting conditions, the images are very sharp and bright. And the performance of the NX10 is great for action photos. You can also find it easy to make large prints with the resolution of 14.6 megapixels.
For photos shot in low light, the image quality is not really as good as with adequate light shooting. You may see some noise in certain circumstances. There is a small flash which is built in the camera or you may use an extra flash unit when shooting low light photos.
To sum up, the image quality is the best feature of the NX10.
The capacity to automatically focus quickly and precisely really surprised me a lot. With this ability, the Samsung NX10 camera is really a great candidate for shooting moving subjects. The response times with this camera are also fast. In cases that you are accustomed to using point and shoot cameras, the response times of the “prosumer” model is a surprise to you.
In low light photography, there is a bit noise in your photos, depending on how you configure the lens that you are using. The performance of the image stabilization sometimes is not good with some types of lenses, which leads to photos with noise.
Beginning photographers will find it not difficult at all to use all of the available automatic features. There is also a great collection of manual control features as well while photographers with more experiences may expect to take more controlling over than the camera currently provides.
The performance levels of the Samsung’s NX10 are pretty similar to those of a DSLR camera, but it’s not accurate as with a DSLR. Therefore, sometimes it is known as “digital interchangeable lens” camera, or DIL. Actually, Samsung’s NX10 is a mirror-less interchangeable lens model.
The size of this model is small, even when you put it in comparison with other prosumer models which use interchangeable lens. This camera should attract those who are transferring from point and shoot models. If you get acquainted with a DSLR camera with a larger size, you will certainly expect to try this camera before making the purchase decision. You may need to make sure that the camera is convenient to use.
The screen of the NX10 is one of the best ones you have seen on such a camera, which is a bright and sharp 3.0-inch AMOLED screen.
With the nice mirror-less shooting design, the NX10 was given the 2010 Innovative Digital Product Award by DIMA.
Finally, in addition to the common black color for the camera body which is common for most cameras using interchangeable lens, the manufacturer has offered a limited edition white NX10 model – at least launched in Korea – together with the model in black somewhere else in the world.