Camera’s Hardware to Shoot HD Video
Nowadays, you can easily look for a model, even a point and shoot one with the nice capacity to shooting HD videos. For example, the performance of the GE E1680W is nice. You can see it in the above image.
You seldom find a digital camcorder in the market now when shopping around to find a camera with the HD movie shooting capacity. Instead, it becomes more popular now with a camera that includes bout the capacity to shoot both still photos and movies. If you want to record point and shoot movies, you should do some thorough research before you buy a new camera. By doing this, you can get all features that you want.
How to buy cameras to Shoot HD Video
Below, I’d like to list some tips to create the best of your point and shoot model’s video mode, figuring out the kind of hardware that you make need to take the best advantage of the camera’s video capabilities.
- If you are in rush, it can be hard to seek for the correct buttons to record a movie. Make sure that you have tested the video mode before you want to use it in a hurry.
- If you are shopping around to find a camera for the beginning level with the capacity to record HD video, make sure that the camera includes that type of feature. You should also find out about the maximum level of the camera video capacity, commonly 720p or 1080p. And don’t forget to figure out the shooting speed that you can have to record point and shoot videos. You video quality can be negatively affect if the camera offering is not equal to or more than 24 frames in a second.
- To starting recording videos, usually there are three options with a digital camera. The first option is that you can select the video mode through using the mode dial (this mode is often in the shape of a video camera) and press the shuttering or recording button. The second option refers to using the menus on the camera screen to select and press the video mode. With this mode, the shuttering button enables you to star or stop the video. For the last option, you can find a video shooting button which is dedicated with your camera, which may be shaped in a red dot/recording icon or an icon of a movie camera. You’ll just need to press the above dedicated button to start or stop recording. In cases that you intend to shoot a number ò videos, it’s highly recommended to use this button over others because you can find it easiest and fastest to approach the action. However, the price of a point and shoot models with this button inclusion tends to be higher.
- Additionally, you should also pay attention to the optical zoom lens for recording point and shoot movies. In fact, this feature may not available in some cameras aimed at the beginning model when you want to use it in shooting HD videos. Therefore, it may require you to come closer and farther from the subject, which may cause you some difficulty when you are looking at your LCD. Even if the optical zoom is available in some cameras for beginning photographers, but the performance of the autofocus system is not fast enough, the quality of your videos may be affected.
- As a viewfinder is not always included in some cameras, holding the camera firmly during videos shooting can be a challenging task. If there is a viewfinder, you can keep the viewfinder against your eye to firmly hold your camera while recording a video. However, if there is no viewfinder, a tripod can be useful to make sure that your camera can stay steadily.
- For a lot of cameras, there is a number of movie resolution options that you can select. The image quality is very great when you select the full HD mode which is equivalent to 1080p, but don’t forget to prepare more space to store this type of movie compared to VGA ones. The 720p HD video mode is also very nice, even for displaying the movies on a TV.
- In addition to the quality, the sound with your videos is also important. Don’t forget to turn on and operate the internal microphone to have the correct sound recording. You may need to find the audio configuration through the menus of your camera. You can also use a microphone outside the camera. But make sure that, a port for using this microphone is available with your camera (this port is not always available in some models for the beginning level).
- Finally, make sure that you’re using a large capacity, high-speed memory card whenever you’re shooting movies with your point and shoot camera, especially if you’re shooting HD video. Without the right memory card, you could experience problems when shooting movies. Some cameras will simply stop shooting the movie, if they cannot move the data from the camera’s memory storage buffer to the memory card quickly enough, which will be extremely frustrating.
- Lastly, remember to prepare a good memory card with the capacity to record videos at high speed, especially when you’re recording HD movies. You could get some trouble if the memory card is not the right type for your camera. If the data from the memory storing buffer cannot be fast transferred to the memory card, the camera may stop recording your video. This will be very annoying